Gynecology Services Overview
Attentive gynecological care for all your life stages
Thousands of women count on the female physicians of ObGyn of East Brunswick to provide the most advanced and comprehensive gynecologic services available, including daVinci robotic surgery. They look to us for all the care they need at every stage in their lives. From helping them with birth control or to deliver a healthy baby to menopause and beyond, they have learned to trust us for attentive, compassionate care.
Gynecology services at ObGyn of East Brunswick include:
- Contraception and family planning – The female physicians at ObGyn of East Brunswick can help you choose the right method of birth control. We can also help you when you decide the time is right to start or expand your family.
- Annual gynecological and breast exams – A Pap test is a preventive measure to detect precancerous or cancer cells on the cervix. Early treatment of cervical cancer is associated with the best outcomes and precancerous cells are almost 100% curable. Additionally, we will educate you about breast cancer and breast self-examination and perform clinical breast examinations as part of your yearly checkup. Early treatment of problems is associated with the best outcomes.
In-office colposcopy and treatment – This is used to determine the possible cause of an abnormal Pap test.
- Menstrual and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) relief – Irregularities such as painful, heavy or missing periods, or PMS, are common. Our female doctors can help relieve your symptoms and discomfort.
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing and treatment – Infections spread by sexual activity. STDs may or may not produce symptoms, but they can have severe consequences for females, developing babies during pregnancy and breast-feeding infants.
- Vaccination against HPV – Human papilloma virus (HPV) is the most common sexually transmitted infection worldwide. Vaccination with Gardasil® or Cervarix® can protect women from cervical cancer, vaginal cancer, vulvar cancer, anal cancer and genital warts.
- Urinary incontinence evaluation, urodynamic testing and treatment – If you have bladder problems, you are not alone. Bladder control problems and pelvic prolapse affect millions of women.
- Menopause and osteoporisis – The “change of life” is a natural part of the aging process. Let us help you manage.
- Comprehensive gynecological surgery – Includes colposcopy, cryosurgery, LEEP, hysteroscopy, minimally invasive pelvic laparoscopy and D&C (dilation and curettage) for abnormal uterine bleeding.
- Uterine fibroids – Usually non-cancerous tumors that grow in or on the uterus. May or may not cause symptoms, such as pain or heavy periods, depending on size and location. Bothersome fibroids can be treated with medications or surgery.
- Pelvic pain – a major cause of pelvic pain is endometriosis – abnormal growth of uterine lining tissue outside of the uterus. Endometriosis needs monitoring and treatment may be necessary to relieve pain and prevent complications, such as the inability to get pregnant.
- Polycystic ovary disease – A common hormonal disorder that can cause infertility, excess hair growth and heavy, irregular or absent periods. We offer several different medication treatments to help with polycystic ovary disease.
- Hysterectomy – May be recommended to treat cancer or uterine conditions that do not respond to other treatments. Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that removes part or all of the uterus. There are several methods for performing hysterectomy, including minimally invasive laparoscopic hysterectomy.
- Teen visits – For a teenage girl, the first gynecological visit can be a source of great anxiety. Knowing what to expect can help relieve this anxiety.
For advanced care from an all-women gynecologist group, call ObGyn of East Brunswick at 732.254.1500 in East Brunswick or in Piscataway at 732.943.9160
. For your convenience, you can also use our online form to schedule your appointment. Our gynecology patients come to us from Monroe, East Brunswick, New Brunswick and Old Bridge in Middlesex County.